By: Red Giant
Holomatrix FX package includes over 30 presets that turn ordinary footage into animated sci-fi holograms, mimics bad TV reception and creates realistic looking digital signage. Holomatrix lets you control your reality and offers a new dimension in effect generation. Now you can get the look of your favorite hologram effect in After Effects in just two clicks.
- Recreate the holographic looks you loved in sci-fi productions like Star Wars and Star Trek, or make your keyed actors look like the Hogwarts ghosts from Harry Potter. Great for logo treatments and other motion graphic elements.
- Get your futuristic funk on with jerky, dystopic Blade Runner-like digital signage, enhance the look of your virtual heads-up displays with different effects and behaviors, or give your perfectly clean visuals a gritty, hyper-digital feel.
- Video isn't always pretty — kick it old school by giving your footage a "bad TV" look. With features like color noise, static, TV roll, image ghosting and color separation, you're ready to go from good to bad. Effects can be randomized, or you can keyframe the effect's on/off switches for total control.
30 high-quality presets
- Get started right away with presets that include Ghost, Bad Reception, Security Cam and more
- Creates complex holographic looks and animations in seconds that would take hours to reproduce by hand
Straight from the experts
- Holomatrix was designed by After Effects gurus Dan Ebberts and Aharon Rabinowitz
- Get real control by fine-tuning over 80 properties to get just the look you want
Tested with the latest
- Red Giant Holomatrix works in After Effects CS3 and CS4
Simplified user interface
- A single interface handles the complexities of sophisticated scripts and 15 effects
- Simply tell Holomatrix the likelihood of any effect, and it will randomizes when and how often that happens.
- Holomatrix easily accommodates different resolutions with effortless scaling
Red Giant Software's render-only policy lets you use five (5) render-only nodes for each single (1) user license that you purchase.
With the purchase of each single-user license, you may install the software on five (5) render-only machines at no additional charge. You are required to buy more licenses to accommodate the total number of render-only machines that you use on your render farm.
The following examples illustrate the number of render-only licenses supported per user license.
- Buy 1 license 1 workstation, 5 render-only machines (or nodes)
- Buy 2 licenses Up to 2 workstations, up to 10 render-only machines (or nodes)
- Buy 10 licenses Up to 10 workstations, up to 50 render-only machines (or nodes)
NOTE: If you have more than 5 render-only machines per workstation (i.e. 5 workstations and 50 render-only machines (or nodes), you are required to purchase additional full licenses to accommodate you render farm.
Render-only machines are those machines that are never used by users in a facility for creation or editing of work with our products. The render-only machines sit in or on a dedicated rack or do not have a monitor attached and are used for rendering exclusively during facility operational hours. We appreciate you respecting our licensing polices.
Specifications & Licensing
Mac OSX 10.5.8 and later
2 GB of RAM
30 MB of Hard Drive space
PC / Windows
Windows XP SP1 or later
Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit
Pentium 4 2.4 GHz or faster (or AMD equivalent)
2 GB of RAM
30 MB of Hard Drive space
Supported Host Application Chart
|Host OS||After Effects 6.5||After Effects 7||After Effects CS3||After Effects CS4||After Effects CS5|
|Mac 10.6 (Snow Leopard)|
|Windows 7 32-bit|
|Windows 7 64-bit|
|Windows Vista 32-bit|
|Windows Vista 64-bit|
- Compatible with All Host Application Versions
- Not compatible with the Host Application
Upon Purchase software and licenses will be delivered electronically
Licenses are Node-locked only.
Volume License Program
For facilities with (20) or more licneses, the Volume License Program offers the following benefits.
Single Serial Number For Each Product
- No need to organize 100s of serial numbers any longer.
- With VLP you will receive 1 Volume Serial Number for each product.
Upgrades / Support
- No Upgrades available at this time
RFX is available for all your support needs
Red Giant Software offers the following support options
- Free online documentation, guides, tutorials and support
- Free Phone support
Phone Support Policy
RedGiant is available to answer questions via phone for pre-sales and post-sales technical support. They do They're best to answer every call, however during peak times of the day or when they release a new product all representatives may be assisting other customers, they will return all messages within 24 hours.