By: Red Giant
Composite Wizard includes more than 20 filters for fixing tattered edges, poor matte extractions, improper focal depth cues, or unbalanced color schemes. For higher quality and faster output, we recommend Key Correct Pro.
Composite Wizard 1.4.5 Features
- Now Available Adobe CS5/64 bit compatibility
- Complements keying solutions such as Primatte Keyer.
- Adjust a clip’s color automatically to match the composite environment.
- Generate graphics that make animations and text look more organic and photo-realistic.
- Ideal for use on legacy projects that depend on Composite Wizard filter
- Composite Wizard helps to seamlessly integrate your images. Tattered edges, poor matte extractions, improper focal depth cues, or unbalanced color schemes plague most composites. Clean up unwanted artifacts, dirt, or film grain with the Wire/Rig Zapper, Miracle AlphaCleaner, and Denoiser filters, or eliminate light spills with Spill Killer.
- Composite Wizard 1.4.5 includes the same 20+ filters you remember, but updated for the very latest version of After Effects. Users of earlier versions should purchase an upgrade for support of After Effects CS5.
Composite Color Matcher
- Automatically adjust a clip's colors to match the composite environment by blending its tonal and exposure ranges — all with just a few clicks of the mouse.
Deluxe Edge Finder
- Create a precise border along a layer's alpha channel. When used as a control layer, this border will allow you to control the exposure, color balance, sharpness, and transparency of the composite's edge.
- Applies an averaging function across pixels from a sequence of frames, effectively reducing or eliminating film and video noise. Useful in cleaning up dark areas of images that pick up "chatter" from film emulsion or video camera sensors.
- Correct tattered edges and generate graphics that make animations and text look more organic and photorealistic. Blend and integrate multiple images easily with Composite Wizard’s Super Blur algorithm.
- Solves one of the trickiest challenges of compositing: creating the illusion that light from the background layer is being reflected onto the foreground layer, as if they were photographed in the same environment.
- Create a gradual change (feathering) from opaque to transparent at the edge of a layer's alpha. Correct dirty or tattered layer edges, or use to soften a hard edge from a CG object, making it fit into an organic scene.
Matte Feather Sharp
- Feather and blur the edge of a layer with hard geometric and compound lines without losing its geometric shape. Its algorithms are specifically designed to maintain hard edges while feathering them.
Miracle Alpha Cleaner
- Zap grain, fill holes, and fix other problem key areas in your matte that would otherwise require separate manual touch-ups. Miracle Alpha applies a cleanup pass to your alpha, identifying dirt and other artifacts based on a combination of their size, alpha level, and proximity to the principal element.
- Improve your compositing workflow by allowing multiple matte creation effects to be combined into one matte. Pull a key and pass the resulting matte to a series of image processing functions including levels, blurs, and median filter passes. Then use Re-Matter to composite the resulting alpha into the original image - all in one effect stack.
- Apply a "smoothing" effect over your bluescreen or greenscreen to reduce lighting and surface variances. Smooth Screen compares pixels to the target keying color, and corrects them to smooth out the blue or green screen before keying.
- Eliminate blue or green spill on the fringe of your composite elements, even those with fine detail or motion blur. Neutralize the blue or green contaminated pixels without harming the underlying color and eliminate the traces of a visual effects shot.
- Experience the quality associated with a Gaussian blur filter, at up to five times the speed. Now use blurs whenever you want, without the performance hit.
Super Compound Blur
- Extends the power of Super Blur to allow the blur intensity to be set by a control layer, such as a layer’s luminance or individual R, G, B, A channel. When used with a control layer created with Deluxe Edge Finder, realistic composites with subtle edge integration can be synthesized.
Super Rack Focus
- Brings Z-buffer control to the Super Blur algorithm, allowing the creation of realistic depth-of-field simulation when a Z- buffer or "depth map" is available. Depth Maps created in a 3D application can determine the distance from the camera to different points within a clip. Super Rack Focus can then reference this depth map to progressively blur an image as it recedes in space away from the viewer. By animating the virtual camera settings within Super Rack Focus, the feel of a camera operator changing focus as a scene progresses can be created with startling realism.
- Eliminate wires and unwanted objects from a scene by either cloning or stitching pixels together from the surrounding areas. Zap stage rigging from a blue or green screen shot, eliminating unwanted objects prior to keying. Synthesize replacement pixels over film scratches or video dropouts.
- Take control of your image's Hue, Saturation and Lightness color components, based on tonal range such as highlights, mid-tones, or shadow areas. Return image colors to the desired level after multiple filter passes.
Red Giant Software's render-only policy lets you use five (5) render-only nodes for each single (1) user license that you purchase.
With the purchase of each single-user license, you may install the software on five (5) render-only machines at no additional charge. You are required to buy more licenses to accommodate the total number of render-only machines that you use on your render farm.
The following examples illustrate the number of render-only licenses supported per user license.
- Buy 1 license 1 workstation, 5 render-only machines (or nodes)
- Buy 2 licenses Up to 2 workstations, up to 10 render-only machines (or nodes)
- Buy 10 licenses Up to 10 workstations, up to 50 render-only machines (or nodes)
NOTE: If you have more than 5 render-only machines per workstation (i.e. 5 workstations and 50 render-only machines (or nodes), you are required to purchase additional full licenses to accommodate you render farm.
Render-only machines are those machines that are never used by users in a facility for creation or editing of work with our products. The render-only machines sit in or on a dedicated rack or do not have a monitor attached and are used for rendering exclusively during facility operational hours. We appreciate you respecting our licensing polices.
Specifications & Licensing
Mac OSX 10.4.11 and later
Power Mac G5 or Intel Mac
1 GB of RAM
15 MB of Hard Drive space
PC / Windows
Windows XP SP1 and later
Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit
Pentium 4 2.4 GHz
1 GB of RAM
30 MB of Hard Drive space
Supported Host Application Charts:
|Host OS||After Effects 6.5||After Effects 7||After Effects CS3||After Effects CS4||After Effects CS5|
|Mac 10.6 (Snow Leopard)|
|Windows 7 32-bit|
|Windows 7 64-bit|
|Windows Vista 32-bit|
|Windows Vista 64-bit|
- Compatible with All Host Application Versions
- Not compatible with the Host Application
Upon Purchase software and licenses will be delivered electronically
Licenses are Node-locked only.
Volume License Program
For facilities with (20) or more licneses, the Volume License Program offers the following benefits.
Single Serial Number For Each Product
- No need to organize 100s of serial numbers any longer.
- With VLP you will receive 1 Volume Serial Number for each product.
Upgrades / Support
- Upgrade from Composite Wizard 1.0-1.2 to Composite Wizard 1.4
RFX is available for all your support needs
Red Giant Software offers the following support options
- Free online documentation, guides, tutorials and support
- Free Phone support
Phone Support Policy
RedGiant is available to answer questions via phone for pre-sales and post-sales technical support. They do They're best to answer every call, however during peak times of the day or when they release a new product all representatives may be assisting other customers, they will return all messages within 24 hours.