By: Joe Alter
Shave and a Haircut is a plugin for creating and rendering realistic CG hair.
Shave and a Haircut 6 New Features
- Maya 2012 support
- New platform (osx 64)
- Renderman support for Windows64 and OSX64
- New parameters ("twist", "offset", "aspect") for mult hairs
- New "squirrel" button for doing a sharper root to tip color interpolation
- Vray for Maya support
- Improved hair display in the viewer
- Multithreaded rendering in the buffer render
- Multithreaded output for prman
- Multithreaded MR rendering
- New rigging option ‘splinelock’
- RLM license server
- Buffer render is capable of much larger haircounts (millions and millions ..)
- Much less memory use on large hair counts. You can now also set the memory limit (which will size your tile appropriately).
Specifications & Licensing
- Windows 32/64 Bit
- OSX: 32/64 Bit
- Linux 32/64 Bit
- Maya 2010, 2011 and 2012
Joe Alter is also built in to the following 3D Titles
- Softimage XSi (XSi Hair)
- 3ds Max: Hair & Fur (3ds Max v7.5 or newer)
Licenses and media are delivered electronically upon purchase. Node Locked and Floating licenses are availbale.
Floating licenses will float across platforms (win32/64, linux32/64, OSX intel/ppc) TCP/IP must be enabled and working, and you should probably try it without firewalls if you have trouble.
Floating licenses are sold in packs of 6. Your old HASP dongles will continue to work for 5.0, but to purchase additional licenses or upgrade past 5.0, you will have to switch over to the new license server and will be charged the upgrade fee.
For a nodelock license to work, you need to have TCP/IP enabled (and a network card). You don't need to be connected, but make sure power saving functions in your control panel won't turn off the un connected card or protocall before you inquire about a key.
Nodelock license is locked to your machine and is not transferrable
Demo license only available for Windows 32 Bit
Upgrades / Support
- Upgrades available only for floating licenses
- Node locked license are NOT upgradeable to floating
RFX is available for all your support needs.
- Online support forum available
- Support for XSi Hair is handled by Autodesk Support
- Support for 3ds Max Hair & fur is handled by Autodesk Support
- Individual support and upgrades are at (Joe Alter) option and on some versions will be accompanied by an upgrade fee.
Training / Resources