By: Jupiter Jazz
AtomKraft is an interactive 3D toolkit for Adobe After Effects. Use the same core tech of its high-end film VFX counterpart AtomKraft/Nuke in your favorite compositing application! AtomKraft works as a replacement for AE's builtin renderers: it is designed to fully interpret AE's 3D system and access Ae's 2D image layers. AtomKraft embeds 3Delight, the fast, hybrid REYES/RAYS, offline production render engine. AtomKraft's toolkit minimizes the need of going back to 3D in this stage of the production pipeline by loading (animated) 'assets' straight from Cinema 4D, 3dsmax, Maya, Softimage, Houdini or your favorite 3D applications, such as the new industry standard Alembic (ABC) and Wavefront OBJ, both with support of proxy geometry. High quality sub-pixel displacement mapping throughAtomDisplacement can be applied to any geometry, with additional Mudbox/ZBrush VDM support. The Ae material can be textured with AtomTexture. AtomKraft facilitates the tasks of generating 3D environments & matte painting: it introduces in Ae Nuke-stylecamera/projection mappings through the AtomProjectCamera effect. It allows you to explore tons of creative possibilities developing your looks, lighting & shadowing your assets with HDRI generating both Image-Based Lighting (IBL) & Image-Based shadowing (ambient & environment occlusion) via AtomEnvironment. It supports GI effects such color bleeding with AtomIndirect and all ray tracing effects such as (soft) shadows, (glossy) reflections & refractions in the Ae material. Multiple render channels (Normal, Point, Diffuse, Specular, Shadows etc.) are available via AtomOutputChannel. AtomKraft is fully integrated to support the easy workflow Ae users have come to expect, at a fraction of the price of its big brother.
Built by industry nerds
Like you, we love Mograph. We love it so much, we decided to help people to do it easier, better & faster, so you can go to the party earlier. AtomKraft is built for you!
Fully Integrated in AE
Supports the whole After Effects 2D and 3D system including: solid layers, geometry, bendable layers, extruded text, shape layers, environment layers, materials, lights and cameras. All images in 2D layers can be passed to 3D. The Ae material can be textured with AtomTexture. All this with a seamless integration in the composite view and in the stacked layers / timeline.
For both AE CS5.5 & CS6
AtomKraft is designed to work seamlessly with After Effects CS5.5/CS6. Available on 64bit platforms: MacOSX and Windows. Fully multi-threaded: all threads & cores are used.
Ability to perform multiple/stackable camera projections (camera mapping) with AtomProjectCamera with advanced controls over cameras and the projection methods, including occlusion masking. This fully matches the camera projections ability of Nuke's Project3D and further extends them with fine grained controls.
Import Alembic (ABC) & OBJ
Load your (animated) 3D data from your favorite 3D applications: native support, via drag and drop, ofWavefront (.obj) geometry and Alembic (.abc) scene assets. All polygon meshes can be turned into render-timeSubdivision Surfaces with AtomTagGeo. Ae's Proxy geometries are fully supported too. Finally you can texture the Ae material with AtomTexture.
3D Motion Blur & Bokeh/DOF
Fast, film-quality 3D motion blur and bokeh (depth of field) are at your fingertips. AtomKraft is the first commercial application providing 3D motion blur activated by default! Thanks to the power provided by its rendering engine you can safely motion blur displacements, subdivision surfaces and ray traced shadows at little or no additional cost.
Advanced Ray Tracing Effects
AtomKraft brings into After Effects advanced ray tracing effects such as: global illumination (AtomIndirect), HDRI Image Based Lighting (IBL) & shadowing/occlusion (AtomEnvironment), (soft/area) shadows, (glossy) reflections/refractions, Subsurface Scattering (AtomSubsurface). Some of these effects are also available with the super fast spherical harmonics algorithm.
AtomKraft will shock you with its responsiveness. We have built in unique features such as progressive degradation, which degrades gracefully at proxy resolution, making rendering a lighting-fast bliss.
Surface details are key for beautiful imagery: micropolygon (sub-pixel) displacement achieved withAtomDisplacement) enrich your looks and performs super-fast with motion blur & raytraced shadows. Additionally Vector Displacment Maps (VDM) from Mudbox/ZBrush are fuly suppored.
Multiple Render Channels
A large number of render channels (AOVs) are available via with AtomKraft. Just use the AtomOutputChannel effect and look at the channel list! Moreover per-light render channels (diffuse, specular & contact_shadows) can optionally be toggled to contribute separately each channel!
Turn any geometry into particles with AtomTagGeo), with extra ability to choose multiple rendering types:
Hacked on Jupiter
This software is proudly brought to you by the experienced band of designers, architects, mathematicians, magicians, hackers, painters, poets, skiiers & surfers back on Jupiter.
Specifications & Licensing
All licenses are floating and are managed by a proprietary program called 'Licserver' similar to the license server utilized by the software product '3Delight'. The licenses are locked to your license servers Host-ID, Mac / Ethernet / Hardware address.
*If you currently run '3Delight' on your network, you will have to combine your AtomKraft license file with your 3Delight license file. Call RFX for more information.
AtomKraft licenses are available in (3) flavors.
Full License - Permanent, GUI + Command Line with Unlimited Rendering Threads for Workstations
Batch License - Permanent, Command line only with Unlimited Rendering Threads for Render Nodes
- Requires 1-to-1 Nuke Batch Render licenses for each render node.
Educational - Yearly, (10) Pack, Educational only (no commercial use) with Unlimited Rendering Threads
Volume - 50x Seats or more of either interactive or Batch. Contact RFX for details
All new licenses automatically include support for (1) year.
Renewals available for Full, Batch and Educational licenses.
- Weekly updates
- Major upgrades
- E-Mail support
- Track issues
- Access Forums
- Consult Documentation
- See Videos
- Access Forums
- Consult Docs
- See Videos
Additional Support info
- Support (maintenance) entitles of product updates, technical support assistance via e-mail, access to theissue tracker to report/track issues.
- The 1 year period starts automatically from the purchase date.
- If you have more than 1 license, supports needs to be purchased/renewed for all your licenses, meaning you cannot have 7 licenses with support and 3 without.
- When support is about to expire you will be automatically notified and able to renew support directly from your account under the Licenses link in your user account. Purchase can be done via the online store, alternatively you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If support is not purchased you only have access to the latest release. No feature/performance improvements bug fixes nor updates to major releases will be available without support.
- If support is not renewed after 1 year, new licenses will be priced at the cumulative support price from the original purchase date to the present (whenever this amount exceeds the list price of a regular license, the support will be priced at the license list price).
- By default issues logged on the issue tracker will be visible to all AtomKraft customers. If you want your issues to be private to your account (or to your company site) please contact email@example.com and we'll setup a private project for you free of charge.
Educational Pack info:
- We provide educational bundles of 10 licenses for schools and educational institutions/groups upon verification of their identity.
- For a single student we do not provide an educational license simply because a student can use the free version.
- Educational licenses have a 1 year validity (12 months from the purchase date). After that they need to be renewed with support.
- Support/upgrades have a validity of 12 months, after this period they need to be renewed in order to access new versions and being entitled to contact support.
- Only one person/point-of-contact per educational site is allowed.
- One very strict rule applies to educational licenses: no commercial work whatsoever is allowed, penalty to an adjustment conversion fee to twice the full pricing scheme of AtomKraft/Nuke with additional cumulative support from the purchase date.
- Educational licenses require approval to verify the identity of the educational school/institution/group. If purchased from the online store you will be required to provide us information for your educational institution, otherwise you can contact your reseller, or directly contact us by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is neither an additional sales tax, nor a value added tax (VAT).
- The price is the USD reference price for the online store, pricing might vary for countries with resellers due to additional localized support. Ask the authorized reseller in your region for the relative pricing.
- You will be able to track your licenses and download your invoices directly from the website, under your user account look for My Licenses and Purchase History.
- Each AtomKraft/Nuke license is purchased one time only, then support pricing applies: by buying support you will upgrade your licenses to any new version for the next year.
- All regular licenses are floating and cross platform (the free license is embedded/hardcoded). They can be used on any computer on your network. If you are planning to use more than one computer concurrently for rendering, you need to purchase multiple licenses (as many as the number of computers you wish to use concurrently for rendering).
- Licensing encryption is changed at every major release (1.2, 1.3, 1.5, 2.0 etc.)
- Prices can be subject to changes without notice.