Xfrog is a procedural organic 3D modeller that allows you to create and animate 3d trees, flowers, nature based special effects or architectural forms. Xfrog is available as a Mac OS, Windows, and Linux plug-in for Maya, Cinema 4D and as a standalone application.
Xfrog 5 for Maya
Xfrog 5 adds many new Procedural Objects to Maya. By combining these with Maya components/objects you can create a wide variety of organic models and animations based on the building blocks of Nature.
|Branch Object - Create multi-level branching structures with extremely realistic growth. Animate from seed to adult tree.|
|Phyllotaxis Object - Arrange components using the mathematical "golden section". e.g. a sunflower's petals and seed patterns.|
|Hydra Object - Arranges components in user defined specialized circular patterns. a wide variety of uses.|
|Curvature Object - Creates Splines which can be used as a basis for naturally curved leafs or twigs. A very powerful addition to Maya.|
|Variation Object - Combine different Objects with the Branch, Phyllotaxis and Hydra Objects, for example you can use different leaves scattered throughout a tree, or any sort of variations that you need for higher realism.|
|Tropism Object - Robust Photo and Gravitropism Simulator which pulls the entire hierarchy towards gravity and towards light, with infinite user controls over animation and strength.|
- Multi-track animation
- Soft Insert animation feature; removes "popping"
- Phyllotaxis (Phiball) can place objects on any Surface of Revolution
- Phyllotaxis now allows direct control of the orientation of multiplied objects
- Branch Object combines the power of the Tree, Leaf and Horn Components
- Branch Object mesh resolution is independent from number of branches
- Branch Object can now generate several branches per node
- Curve Control now uses spline curves to control parameters and allows for much better control
- Any Maya curve can control Xfrog Objects even text curves
- Curve Nurbs offers controls similar to the Xfrog 3.5 Horn Component, while being more flexible
- Hydra offers more control
- New Variation Object allows exceptions in the iterations of multiplier Objects
- Level Of Detail offers more control
Specifications & Licensing
- Minimum 256 Mb RAM
- Hardware or software support for OpenGL
- Maya 7-8
To fully use Xfrog you need to purchase a license key.
Contact RFX for purchasing information.