PV Feather (the "PV" stands for "per vertex") performs feathering by using an inner mask for filling, and an outer mask for feather control. The distance between the inside and outside mask controls the amount of feather. PV Feather uses AE's built-in mask splines, so there there is no new spline interface to learn!
PV Feather nodes permit you to execute background render tasks on one or more machines on your network.
PV Feather now expands After Effects with per-vertex feathering control.
- "PV Feather is a major breakthrough and allows us to do complex per-vertex feathering directly inside After Effects instead of having to jump into other compositors or dedicated rotoscoping applications. PV Feather is now an indispensable tool in our toolbox." Matt Silverman, Phoenix Editorial | Designs.
- "Wow, we've needed something like this for a long time. PV Feather has made my life much easier." Rick Gerard, Gerard Productions
- "Though After Effects has a powerful and usable masking toolset, PV Feather instantly simplifies my work flow. It's another 'Must Have' from RE:Vision Effects." Curtis Sponsler, AniMill.
- 8 and 16 bits per channel processing and floating point image support.
- Variable feathering controlled by inner and outer masks
- Ability to move in tandem the corresponding control points of the inner and outer masks
- AE's own mask primitives are used, so there is no new spline or keyframing interface to learn
- Automatic offsetting of masks
- Ability to offset only selected mask points
- Uses AE's motion blur shutter and angle settings
- Option to use ReelSmart Motion Blur on matte produced (instead of AE's multiple time sampling method)
- PV Feather v1.6 is now compatible with After Effects CS 6
Version / Release Updates
RE:Vision Effects announces support for Adobe After Effects CS6 and Premiere Pro CS6.
In order to properly work in After Effects CS6 or Premiere Pro CS6, users will needPV Feather: v1.6.
PV Feather performs feathering by using an inner mask for filling, and an outer mask for feather control. (Premiere Pro not supported)
Specifications & Licensing
- Mac OSX 10.2.8 and up
- Windows XP and Windows 7
- Adobe After Effects 7, CS3, CS4, CS5, CS5.5 and CS6
With the purchase of a license, you get a year's worth of license transfer support. After that, you can buy an additional year's worth of license transfer support for 15% of the current price (and so on). In this way you don't have to pay for floating license software that would increase the price of the product by a substantial amount, yet you still have a way to transfer licenses if necessary.
Licenses can be transferred for an additional fee
Upgrades / Support
- No upgrades available at this time
RFX is available for all your support needs.
Re:Vision offers the following support
- Free online technical suport
- FAQ's and online Forums available
- Adobe After Effects
Training / Resources
Go to Re:VisionFX for Training and tutorials
Go to Creative Cow for forums, tutorials and training