When ordering this product make sure you understand the Legal implications and that this version is licensed for NON COMMERCIAL, PRIVATE USE.
finalRender R3 SE PERSONAL is built upon:
- All features and functions of finalRender R3 SE
- pyroCluster 3.5 (without mental ray shaders)
- finalToon R3
- finalShaders built for fnalRender R2, a former product add-on, now included with R3 SE (unlimited network render license)
There are virtually no restrictions at all in the PERSONAL version, except those listed below.
finalRender R3 SE PERSONAL Restrictions:
- No Network Rendering (Backburner)
- PRIVATE, HOBBY, HOME PERSONAL USE ONLY
- No Distributed Network Rendering
- No Software Updates to Major Releases
- NON COMMERCIAL LICENSE ONLY
finalRender R3 General Info
finalRender R3 is a highly advanced rendering and ray-tracing system with ultra fast global illumination.
finalRender R3 is an excellent product offering the best support for rendering elements in 3D Studio Max 2008-11 and 3ds Max Design 2009-11. finalRender R3 is now available in two versions - the standard, R3, and the Studio Edition, R3 SE.
The Studio Edition (SE) includes many additions and Workflow enhancements specifically tailored to meet the needs of large scale feature film productions and advanced users, seeking the maximum in quality and flexibility. Both products use the same rock solid Hollywood production-proven rendering core; when not using any of the advanced features of R3 SE, the rendering results will be identical between the two versions.
One of the unique new features offered in finalRender R3 SE is a special tool called fR-Scatter, an extremely memory efficient tool for finalRender users with which to create virtually an unlimited amount of objects in a 3D scene without causing any memory issues in 3D Studio Max. This tool represents outstanding value for all finalRender users and is included with the finalRender R3 SE at no additional cost!
Both R3 and SE now offer an Interactive Renderer making it possible for you to make changes to your scene and see those changes updated in a live fully rendered Viewport.
There are two new object types introduced to finalRender R3 for SE, an Ocean Object which makes it very easy to create realistic looking wave motions almost instantaneously when combined with the new Ocean Shader. Extremely convincing results can be achieved in next to no time at all.
finalToon R3 is available as an integrated part that comes with finalRender R3 and finalRender R3 SE, or as a standalone version. FinalToon R3, cebas's Non Photo Realistic (NPR) renderer for 3ds Max, has been upgraded with new features and functions.
With the release of finalRender R3 finalShaders is no longer separately available for R3. Instead all of the finalShaders materials are now available as part of finalRender R3 SE, in addition we have moved some of the finalShaders materials into the standard edition as well.
finalRender R3 SE includes all the Material Shaders that used to be available as finalShaders, for the core package, R3. There are also several new material types including the new Ocean Shader and a Volumetric Solid Shader. In the R3 version, many of the existing material types have undergone improvements and enhancements from the previous version. There are also new texture maps, including a Layer Map which allows multiple layers of maps to be overlaid in a Photoshop and in like manner and a Multi/Sub Map that allows easy variations to be created within one material - great for creating lots of variants of very similar geometries, such as crowd scenes.
Possibly the biggest feature of R3 and SE is the vastly enhanced Render Element support, many new Render Element types have been added and existing ones have been improved. The Studio Edition (SE) also includes our new Render Elements Passes feature which allows you to render hundreds of render elements in one go. This is a first for 3ds Max (which has a normal limit of only 32 elements) when combined with our new OpenEXR file output.
finalRender R3 SE is built upon:
- all features and functions of finalRender R3
- pyroCluster 3.5 (without mental ray shaders)
- finalToon R3
- former finalShaders shaders (unlimited network render license)
• Global Illumination
• Distributed Rendering
• Complete render elements enhancement and support
Version / Release Updates
finalRender 3.5 SP8
cebas Visual Technology Service Pack 8 (SP8) update for its 3ds Max core rendering engine finalRender. Service Pack 8 (SP8) improves overall program stability and enhances workflow as well as network rendering behavior.
Specific Fixes include
- An issue with Harmonics-GI and active camerafly mode has been isolated and resolved
- Issues with Hairfarm caused by multithreading have been isolated and fixed
- Fixes have been made in Render Elements outputting Geometric data, which was showing inconsistent results
- Repairs were made to Render Elements when used along with Hairfarm, which created inaccurate results
- Minor crashes when using Harmonics-GI have been resolved
- Minor crashes in fR-Dirt Material have been isolated and fixed
- Reported crash when using Distributed Network Rendering along with fR-Dirt material has been fixed
- Micro Triangle Displacement (MTD) now shows better and smoother results than before
finalRender 3.5 SP8 is available as a free download to all registered customers.
Specifications & Licensing
Final Render is compatible with:
Windows 32 Bit & 64 Bit
- 3ds Max 2011, 2010 and 2009
- 3ds Max Design 2011, 2010 and 2009\
All CEBAS product licenses are floating licenses. CEBAS product downloads include floating license manager.
If running on a single workstation, you can install the license manager on it alongside the main application.
The installer that is downloaded includes installation options for license manager, Plug-in and render node.
For network licenses you must install the license manager on your license server first then activate your key on the license server. After that you can install the Plug-in on your 3ds Max workstation, launch 3ds Max and access the plug-in from within. When you first attempt to use the Plug-in you will be prompted to activate or give a license server host name. Once you enter your license server info you will be able to use the plugin.
For render nodes, follow the same steps above for the workstation, after you have successfully accessed the plugin from within 3ds Max on the render node, shutdown 3ds Max and your done.
No upgrades available
RFX is available for all your support needs.
- CEBAS offers email support and online Wiki support page