thinkingParticles Classic is a re -branded thinkingParticles R3 release, identical to the previous release for 3ds Max and 3ds Max Design. When this type of particle system is compared to an event-based particle system, (which works on triggers and time dependent events) you'll find many unique advantages within tP's rule-based logic, which is free from normal time-based constraints and instead, applies simple behaviors. These behaviors govern all aspects of a particle’s motion, life, death, and collisions in a true non-linear fashion. We trust, that you will find, by using thinkingParticles Classic, that you will be able to create all the incredible effects that you have always wanted to create, but until now, have not been able to, due to very limited existing technologies.
The real power of thinkingParticles Classic comes from its unlimited combination of conditions and operators that define the behavior of each single particle in a particle system. Like C++, thinkingParticles opens up an unlimited world for a software developer. thinkingParticles offers the same unlimited power to the 3ds Max and 3ds Max Design artist.
- Fully rule-based particle system
- Updated user interface and workflow
- Procedural referencing system for non-linear animation
- Complete particle baking option into 3ds Max objects
- Dynamics Simulation Recording for all particles
- MatterWaves as rule-based operator included
- Any 3ds Max object may be turned into a particle
- Full hierarchical Condition and Operator workflow
- One or many particles can be accessed at any time
- Automatic and intelligent rule-based Object Fragmentation
- Advanced Object Tracking features to handle mesh animation
- Multi Purpose Complex Operators
- Advanced and highly optimized Particle Dynamic Engine
- Full support of Particle/Object interaction
- Complete object parameter access "through" particles
- Advanced "Blurp" Operator to handle complex particle morph effects
- Ultra fast Real-time Particle/Object Collision Detection
- Particles may be affected by 3ds Max geometry
- Full support for Character Studio 2.2 Bipeds to manage Crowd Control
- Instanced and morphable Skin or Physique Modifier support
- Special IK handling routines for real-time Crowd Control
- Advanced Wire Setup View for easier behavior setup
- Real particle Paint Support (particles carry color information)
- Extended PyroCluster support to access individual particles
- 100% integration into 3ds Max workflow
- All particle Space Warps are supported
- Enhanced and real-time rule-based Dynamics Engine
Specifications & Licensing
- 3ds Max 2008 through 2011 32-Bit and 64-Bit (except PhysX)
All CEBAS product licenses are floating licenses. CEBAS product downloads include floating license manager.
If running on a single workstation, you can install the license manager on it alongside the main application.
The installer that is downloaded includes installation options for license manager, Plug-in and render node.
For network licenses you must install the license manager on your license server first then activate your key on the license server. After that you can install the Plug-in on your 3ds Max workstation, launch 3ds Max and access the plug-in from within. When you first attempt to use the Plug-in you will be prompted to activate or give a license server host name. Once you enter your license server info you will be able to use the plugin.
For render nodes, follow the same steps above for the workstation, after you have successfully accessed the plugin from within 3ds Max on the render node, shutdown 3ds Max and your done.
Upgrades / Support
- Upgrade to the latest thinkingParticles release for only the difference in price
RFX is available for all your support needs