3ds Max Entertainment Creation Suite Standard includes Autodesk 3ds Max, MotionBuilder, & Mudbox. The suite allows you to build a modern animation pipeline with a cost-effective solution that enables you to increase creativity and efficiency. Purchase a suite and save 39% on the cost of buying the software separately.
Explore creative ideas, meet challenging production demands, and exceed audience expectations with:
- Powerful 3D modeling, animation, effects, rendering, and compositing tools
- Intuitive, organic modeling, texturing, and painting software
- Real-time character animation and motion editing software
Transfer assets quickly, collaborate more efficiently, and increase animation pipeline effectiveness. Autodesk® FBX® data interchange technology enables the exchange of rich animation or 3D scene data between Autodesk products in the suites.
3ds Max Entertainment Creation Suite Standard includes the following
- A comprehensive, turnkey 3D modeling, animation, rendering, and compositing solution
- Flexible creative tools and extensive polygon modeling capabilities
- Efficient character animation software with an integrated Biped toolset
- Broad range of tightly integrated rendering capabilities
- A premier digital sculpting and 3D painting software
- Supports the creation of highly detailed 3D characters and environments
- Highly intuitive organic modeling and painting tools
- Easy integration into existing production pipelines
- Support for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X operating systems
- Real-time character animation software, renowned for its retargeting and motion capture data editing capabilities
- Enables animators to take on demanding, high-volume projects
- An ideal solution for virtual cinematography, pre-visualization, performance animation, and real-time character simulations
- Interoperable with Maya and 3ds Max
Specifications & Licensing
Hardware and Operating system requirements vary between each title found in the suite. For more details please visit each of the products pages on our site.
For more detailed Information about each product included in the suite please visit the following RFX sites.
Standalone and Network Licenses are available.
Standalone licenses can be transferred from computer to computer via online license transfer utility. The license transfer utility requires active subscription in order to function.
Network licenses require the use of a dedicated license server running LMtools. LMTools is available for Windows, OSX & Linux platforms. Network licenses can be checked out off the network for a user specified amount of time. The License checkout utility requires active subscription in order to function.
Network licenses can not be split between workstations. For example, with (1) network seat of the Entertainment suite a user can run 3ds Max, Mudbox, Motion Builder and Softimage all at the same time. However, the user cannot run 3ds Max on one computer and run Motion Builder, MudBox or Softimage on another computer at the same time.
Upgrades / Support
Autodesk offers the following Upgrades and Support options:
- Software upgrades
- Exclusive updates
- Access to training and learning materials
- Entitlement to use in previous versions
- Home-Use licensing
- Enhanced license management tools
Subscription / Gold Support
- Includes all of the Subscription benefits above, plus
- Unlimited Phone and Web Support
- Access to SDK and API Support
- Defect Tracking
- Upgrade from 3ds Max Standard (non-bundle) to Suite
- Upgrade from previous versions of the 3ds Max Suites
- Upgrade from Standalone to Network Licenses
RFX is available for all your support needs.
- Autodesk provides initial installation support upon purchase
- Unlimited Phone and Web Support available with Subscription / Gold Support (see above)
Enhance your 3ds Max pipeline with the following products:
- Autodesk Maya
- Autodesk Mudbox
- Autodesk MotionBuilder
- Autodesk Maya Entertainment Creation Suite: Maya + MotionBuilder + Mudbox
- Autodesk Maya Entertainment Creation Suite Premium: Maya + MotionBuilder + Mudbox + Softimage
- Autodesk HumanIK middleware
- Autodesk Softimage
- Boomer Labs MAX2AE
- Bytegeist ghost trails
- Cebas finalRender
- Cebas thinking particles
- Cebas finaldof
- Cebas maxVR.qt
- Cebas pyrocluster
- Cebas stairmax
- Cebas scalpelmax
- Cebas finalFlares
- Cebas finalToon
- Cebas volumeBreaker
- Cebas psdmanager
- Chaos Group Vray / RT for 3ds Max
- Studio|Gpu Mach Studio Pro
- Craft Animation Director Studio
- e-on Vue xStream / Infinite / Ozone
- Massive Software Prime / Jet
- Next Limit RealFlow
- Next Limit Maxwell Studio
- Re:Vision ReelSmart Motion Blur
- Re:Vision Twixtor
- SitniSati AfterBurn
- SitniSati DreamScape
- SitniSati FumeFX
- Syflex Cloth Simulator
Training / Resources
Go to Area for 3ds Max, Motion Builder and Mudbox tutorials, tips, downloads and forums.
Go to LAMRUG.org for rendering with mental ray® training and resources (Los Angeles Mental Ray User Group).