Boujou Matchmoving software engages you to add computer generated effects seamlessly into your film or video footage.
boujou 5 Features
New Automatic Sequential Solver
- Previous versions of boujou took the entire shot into account before delivering a solve. boujou 5 looks at a single frame at a time, enabling the user to intervene as needed and making the entire process significantly faster.
Fully Functional Graph Editor
- The Graph Editor enables the user to manually tweak the camera data and, if necessary, resolve. boujou 5 also provides the ability to lock valid sections of solve data or sections known to be correct. Those sections can then be used to improve other areas.
- The Reference Frames feature enables users to import still images taken with any camera and use them to assist in a solve.
New Target Tracker
- The Pattern Matching Tracker in boujou has been completely rewritten so it provides a faster workflow. Target Tracking now can specify a pattern on a single frame as well as tracking multiple patterns simultaneously.
boujou Silver bullet Features
- Derived directly from boujou 5, silver bullet shares the same robust and accurate feature tracking and camera solving engines.
- silver bullet offers major enhancements over previous versions of bullet while maintaining the same levels of automation and ease of use. With silver bullet you can still solve most shots in a single mouse click. But now you also have advanced tools at your fingertips which allow you to solve a wider range of more difficult shots more easily.
- Access to a Range of Advanced Parameters for Feature Tracking Adjustment
- The ability to create a solve for a sub range of frames
- Store multiple camera solves in a single project
- Focal length constraints for free move shots
- Full Timeline functionality
- Orthographic 3D views
- Graph Display
- Mesh generation and export
- Floating Wizard and Timeline
- Masks with holes
- Image proxies
- Auto Radial distortion correction
silver bullet has the same, complete import and export range as boujou 5.
|Feature||boujou 5||boujou silver bullet|
|Supported Platforms||Windows, Linux, OSX||Windows, OSX|
|Licensing||Software (SafeNet Sentinel)||Hardware (dongle)|
|Viewpoint Track Labeling||Yes||No|
|Adjust Solve for a Range||Yes||No|
|Enhanced Automatic Feature Tracker||Yes||Yes|
|Camera Solver for Shots with Known or Approximate Focal Length||Yes||Yes|
|Free Move Shots with Variable Focal Length||Yes||Yes|
|Nodal Pan Shots with Variable Focal Length||Yes||Yes|
|Focal Length Constraints for Global Solver||Yes||Yes|
|Assess Lens Distortion (Manual)||Yes||Yes|
|Assess Lens Distortion (Automatic)||Yes||Yes|
|Enhanced Timeline Functionality||Yes||Yes|
|Non-Consecutive Feature Tracking||Yes||Yes|
|Export to After Effects Via the Maya ASCII Format||Yes||Yes|
|Support for 16-Bit Cineon, DPX Open EXR and Maya IFF Image Formats||Yes||Yes|
|Keyframeable Polygon-Based Masks||Yes||Yes|
|Target Tracks (Single Key Multiple Simultaneous Target Tracks)||Yes||No|
|Zoom View for Adding Target Tracks and Locators||Yes||Yes|
|Camera Path Smoothing||Yes||Yes|
|Access to Advanced Feature Tracking Parameters||Yes||Yes|
|Import Image-Based Masks||Yes||Yes|
|Image Size Restrictions||None||None|
|Import OBJs as Survey Data or Test Objects||Yes||No|
|Fly Camera (Eyeballing Using Model)||Yes||No|
|Optimize Camera & Focal Using Vertex-Drag||Yes||No|
|Scene Structure With Precision Control (Filter Structure)||Yes||No|
|Mesh Triangulation From Scene Structure||Yes||Yes|
|Export Meshes as OBJs||Yes||Yes|
|Solve Manual Approximate Camera Path||Yes||No|
|Solve a Sub-Range||Yes||Yes|
|Copy/Delete Individual Views||Yes||No|
|Optimize Individual Cameras||Yes||No|
|Optimize Camera & Structure||Yes||No|
Compute Key-Frames From Feature
Tracks (Key Schedule)
|Lasso Tool for Point Selection||Yes||Yes|
|Footage Controls (Brightness, Contrast, HDRI)||Yes||Yes|
|Boolean Polygonal Masks Control||Yes||Yes|
|Shake Track Import||Yes||Yes|
|Export 2D Tracks to Shake||Yes||Yes|
|Wizard Embedded in Main IU||No||Yes|
|Lockable Channel Data||Yes||No|
|Advanced Adjust Solve||Yes||No|
Specifications & Licensing
• At least 1 GB of RAM, preferably 512 MB with a virtual memory set up.
• At least a 1 GHz processor (or equivalent). The processor must support
SSE2 instructions. The majority of newer processors do-however, Intel
Pentium III and some older AMD processors do not.
• An OpenGL graphics card.
• An available parallel or USB port for the licensing dongle.
• Approximately 85 Mb of disk space for the application and associated files.
• 24-bit color display.
Cross Platform Support
10.6 Snow Leopard
boujou runs on Intel based Macintoshes only. There is no Power PC support.
Red Hat Enterprise 4.X +
Centos 4.X +
Fedora Core 5, 8, and 10
All platforms, 32 bit.
Previous versions of boujou and bullet WILL NOT run under the new licensing system (Sentinel SRM).
For upgrades, return of existing dongle will be required before issue of new software license.
boujou 5 should be fully backwardly compatible with boujou 4. This means that saving a file in boujou 4 will allow it to be opened in boujou 5. However, files saved in boujou 5 will not be compatible with any previous release of boujou or bullet.
Monthly rental & Educational Licenses Available
Upgrades / Support
- Upgrade from Boujou 2, 3 and 4
- Upgrade from Silver Bullet to Boujou 5
- Upgrade from Bullet SD to Boujou 5
- Upgrade from Bullet 2 to Boujou 5
- Upgrade from Standalone to Network licenses
- Upgrade from Standalone to Network Rental licenses
RFX is available for all your support needs.
Vicon offers the following Support plans
- 12 months technical support. Price dependant on number of licenses
- 1 month technical support. Price dependant on number of licenses
- Free email support for users without active support contract
As of April 30th 2011 boujou bullet SD will no longer be sold.
All of the functionality (and much more) provided by bullet SD is also provided by boujou Silver bullet and boujou 5 along with support for HD footage.
Technical support for bullet SD will be provided to those customers with valid support contracts until the expiry of those contracts and will not be available for renewal.
Any remaining period of the twelve month warranties on existing sales will also be honoured according to the terms of the license agreement.