Flame Price Drop + OSX Support
Big changes to Flame pricing & availability: If you used Smoke on Mac in lieu of Flame due to pricing, this is your opportunity to add Flame at a very Low price.
- Desktop Subscription (aka Rentals) now available for Flame, Lustre, Flare & Flame Assist at significantly lower prices.
- Flame on the Mac (Flame Assist & Flare have been available on the Mac for some time.) **
- Hardware: no longer required to purchased certified hardware from Autodesk only. ***
- Autodesk to discontinue sales of Turn-key HP workstations and storage solutions for Flame
** Flame on the Mac does not contain ALL of the features found in Flame on Linux.
*** Autodesk currently certifies HP Z840 with DotHill direct attached storage
Desktop Subscription (aka Rentals):
- Available November 4th, 2015
- Quarterly and Annual Rentals: ideal for freelance artists, facilities new to Flame and facilities in need of ramping up for a project.
- Available as Nodelock or Floating Licenses ****
- No longer are you required to own a Flame in order to rent Lustre, Flare & Flame Assist.
- Rentals will work on either Mac or Linux (no support for Lustre on Mac)
- Previous versions will be available for Quarterly or Annual rental contracts
**** Floating licenses can only be served from a Linux based license server. License server can serve licenses to Mac & Linux clients. License servers can host perpetual and rental licenses simultaneously. License servers will not work on virtual machines.
Quarterly Rental Prices:
- Flame = $2,000.00
- Lustre = $2,000.00
- Flare = $1,050.00
- Flame Assist = $1,050.00
Annual Rental Prices:
- Flame = $6,000.00
- Lustre = $6,000.00
- Flare = $3,200.00
- Flame Assist = $3,200.00
Support for Mac OSX
- On November 24th, 2015, starting with Flame v2016 Ext 2, Flame will be supported on Mac OSX systems meeting certain requirements.
- Flame, Flare & Flame Assist on Mac will have the following limitations:
- No GPU DeBayering (DeBayering for RED / Arri footage can be done on CPU)
- No Background Reactor support (background render for 2nd GPU only available on Linux OS)
- No real-time deliverables support (Mac requires re-render for each resolution before I/O Transfer)
- No control panel support (Tangent)
- No VTR archiving (Video Tape)
- Flame Assist & Flare have been available for Mac OSX for some time
- There is no support for Lustre on Mac OSX
- Existing licenses of Flame v2016 will allow use of Flame, Flare or Flame Assist on Mac OSX
- Upon request, RFX will provide a detail minimum system requirements list for using Flame on Mac OSX.
- RFX can refer you to 3rd party Mac vendor for purchasing or renting Mac systems and storage.
Support for Linux workstations and storage
- Starting with Flame v2016 Ext 2, Flame will be supported on certified HP workstations/storage purchased through a 3rd party
- RFX can refer you to 3rd party PC vendors for purchasing or renting Linux systems and storage.
- As of January 16th 2016, Autodesk will discontinue sales of all turn-key systems, peripherals and storage.
So what does all this mean to you?
If you have ever considered or wanted to use Flame, Lustre, Flare or Flame Assist, Now you can rent it without having to purchase expensive hardware or perpetual licenses.